Tattoo on Hairline, Scalp Micropigmentation, Scalp tattoo or Pointillism. Synonyms of the new appearance and a life changer.
Hair is the beauty element of our personality, making us look more beautiful. Because of some health issues, genetic factors, and age factors, leading them to baldness. Of course, nobody likes to look bald; therefore, people tend to find treatments and surgeries like hair transplants that help them to look somewhat better and to feel more confident. However, are these surgeries are much more expensive, time-consuming, and painful, with no accurate or temporary results.
Then which hair treatment should be used?
A tattoo on hairline or Scalp Micropigmentation is a better option because it comes with more benefits. It appears like a natural hairline, and you will not have to maintain it like fake hairs.
But what is a hairline tattoo?
A tattoo on a hairline may be confused with normal tattoos, but it is not a pictured tattoo on your scalp. Hairline tattoo is a cosmetic procedure for bald people, as it creates hair-like projections that are just the imprints of ink and are not natural hair strands. In professional terms, a hairline tattoo is called micro-pigmentation, performed by well-trained practitioners in a clinic.
Are you also making up your mind to get a tattoo on your hairline to hide your baldness? We are going to discuss in detail the details of scalp micropigmentation.
Why Should You Get A Tattoo on Hairline?
Anyone who has lost hair because of any factor can get a tattoo on the hairline. You may have a fully bald head or a patch that might have occurred due to surgery or accident. If you enjoy a buzzed hairstyle, you can get this treatment done for a better personality appearance.
Something is better than nothing is a common saying which fits here perfectly. Anyone with a bald head would prefer to have something that looks better than baldness. Many people criticize the tattoo on the hairline; that’s the benefit. But the person who has no hair would love to have this treatment.
Steps Involved In Getting A Tattoo On Hairline
Getting a tattoo on hairline is not a complicated process; you just have to go in the right direction. Here are some steps which will almost be the same with minor differences depending on the micro scalp practitioner.
- Book an appointment with your practitioner. During this appointment, ask him about the details of the procedure, risks, advantages, and everything you think should be asked.
- Depending on your needs, your practitioner will tell you how many sessions you need. One session can last for two to three hours, and the two sessions should be almost two weeks apart to allow your skin to heal between sessions and let the pigment settle in your scalp.
- Once the procedure is complete, you have to give adequate rest to your scalp without interfering with it. You must avoid washing it with shampoo, scrubbing, or other applications. Also, avoid excessive sweat and do not use the swimming pool as your scalp has micro holes, and the swimming pool can contaminate them, causing infection.
- You are all done after the healing process is settled. The only thing you need to do now is keeping your head safe from excessive exposure to sunlight because it may dull your pigmentation. Also, if you have pigmentation in a small area of the head, you will have to shave your hair regularly to match your pigmented area.
Is Tattoo On Hairline Really A Tattoo?
Tattoo on hairline is a common term for a non-invasive procedure called micro-pigmentation. It is called a tattoo on the hairline because it looks like tattooed hair like dots on the scalp. But it has some differences compared to tattoos.
Tattoo ink is injected deeper into the skin. At the same time, micro-pigmentation is a cosmetic technique in which microneedles add small dots on the upper layer of skin that look like hair projections, or you may say that they are illusioned like them.
Micro-pigmentation does not change color with time, although it does fade out for some reasons, not like the discoloring of a tattoo. The technique used in micro-pigmentation is called pointillism, which does not involve an outline and then filling of color like a regular tattoo. Pointillism involves countless dots placed on the scalp that looks like tattoos.
Scalp Micropigmentation Pros and Cons
Tattoo on hairline has changed the lives of millions of people who become bald with age or other factors and are facing a lack of confidence. Tattoo on hairline comes with numerous benefits being a working solution for most men. Still, anything that gives advantages can give you disadvantages, so let’s look at some of the pros and cons of the tattoo on the hairline.
- You will get a restored hairline that looks much more natural, adding a feeling of completion and satisfaction to your life and personality.
- Less expensive than most hair transplant treatments that require a lot of money to be implemented appropriately. Tattooing your hairline is a much cheaper procedure depending on how much of your scalp needs to be done, but even if all of your head is to be tattooed, you will still not have to pay much.
- Immediate results right after the procedure without any required healing time. You may need to attend multiple sessions before you get the desired look, depending on the area that needs to be tattooed.
- Tattoo on the hairline leaves no scar on your scalp, while some other hair treatments tend to put spots on your scalp. This even helps to hide those scars to make them less appeared.
- A tattoo on a hairline is comparatively less painful than other hair transplant procedures. You may feel pain like having a tattoo if you have good pain tolerance.
- Once your procedure is completed, you will look at a shaved head that would look much better than a completely shining bald scalp.
- People with thin hair can also use it to thicken their existing hairs’ appearance.
- Much safer for the skin of the scalp as the only thing that your skin goes through is microneedles that inject pigment dots to your skin.
- Frequent exposure to sunlight may cause fading of the tattoo on hairline because of the UV light that falls on your scalp.
- Some people experience it as a very painful procedure.
- Must be done with a trained professional to avoid any mishaps. Although it looks just like a tattoo procedure, it may end up very badly if it is not done by a trained professional.
- In situations where you have a small area of your scalp that is tattooed, you will have to keep your whole head shaved to keep a balance with the tattoo on the hairline.
- The needles used for pigmentation can cause small holes that are feasible for bacteria to cross into your scalp and cause infection.
- You have no choice but to change your hairstyle as you have fixed pigmented dots on your scalp.
Is Tattoo On Hairline Expensive?
Comparing the other procedures available in the market for treating hair growth, or hair transplant is many expensive ones, and not everyone can pay those high amounts. Because of these high prices, some people tend to use wigs, but maintaining a wig and feeling like a fake can not be ignored.
Tattoo on hairline or scalp micropigmentation is the less costly process, and in case you have to get pigmentation on a limited area of the scalp, the prices will be even lower.
On average, micro-pigmentation can cost from $2500 to $4000 depending on the region from where you are getting it, your scalp area, your practitioner, and other factors. But still, even if all of these factors increase the price you have to pay, it would be worth spending this money as you will get yourself a more handsome and confident personality.
A tattoo on hairline is a fantastic thing to choose if you want to hide your baldness and look charming. Though it does not provide you with actual or fake hairs, it still gives a hair-like appearance to your bald head, making you look better than before. It is better than many costly surgeries and treatments that still make you look fake.
We hope that you are now well aware of everything about the hairline tattoo, and this article would be helpful to decide better about getting a tattoo on hairline.
Conclusion/ Biggest Benefits
One of the biggest benefits of Scalp Micropigmentation or hairline tattoo is that it is suitable for all skin and hair types.
- Decreases baldness
- Fill in receding hair lines
- Less expensive than a hair transplant
- It can be done with long hair.
- Does not require surgery
- No scars
- Lasts 8 years or more with the right care and the right hair tattoo salon
- Reasonably priced option
- If you’ve had a hair transplant and are unhappy with the visibility of your surgical scar, scalp micropigmentation can help conceal it
Started with cutting his brother’s hair when he was 7 years old, Joseph always wanted to become a famous hairstylist. After graduating college that’s exactly what he did, traveling the world while working in salons in the most diverse cities, learning from the best hairdressers of our time. Now he shares his knowledge with us by inspiring articles, photographs, and hairstyle advice.