If you’re a man looking to remove unwanted hair from your pubic region and buttocks, Manzilian waxing or Boyzilian may be worth considering. This popular grooming treatment involves the application of hot wax to the skin, which is then removed along with the hair when it hardens.
In this article, we’ll provide an in-depth look at the benefits, risks, and considerations of Manzilian waxing, as well as some tips for a smooth and successful treatment.
What is Manzilian Waxing?
Manzilian waxing, also known as male Brazilian wax and Boyzilian, refers to the process of removing hair from the pubic region and buttocks using wax. This treatment has gained popularity in recent years as more men seek to groom and remove unwanted hair from these areas for cosmetic or hygienic purposes.
Benefits of Boyzilian / Manzilian waxing
There are several potential benefits to Manzilian waxing:
- Improved hygiene and cleanliness: Removing hair from the pubic region and buttocks can help keep these areas clean and reduce the risk of odors and infections.
- Enhanced appearance and attractiveness: Many men and their partners find that a smooth, hairless pubic region and buttocks is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Increased sensitivity and pleasure during sexual activity: Removing hair from the pubic region can increase sensitivity and pleasure during sexual activity, as it allows for more direct contact with the skin.
Risks and potential side effects of Manzilian waxing
As with any grooming treatment, there are some potential risks and side effects to be aware of when it comes to Manzilian waxing:
- Pain and discomfort during the waxing process: The process of applying and removing wax can be painful, especially for those who are sensitive to pain.
- Redness and irritation of the skin: The skin in the pubic region and buttocks is sensitive, and waxing can cause redness and irritation in these areas.
- Risk of infection if proper hygiene is not followed: It’s important to follow an appropriate hygiene practice when performing a Manzilian waxing, such as washing the area with soap and water before and after the treatment and using clean waxing supplies. Failure to do so can increase the risk of infection.
Preparing for a Manzilian waxing
There are a few things you can do to prepare for a Manzilian wax and ensure the best possible outcome:
- Choose a reputable salon or esthetician: It’s essential to choose a salon or esthetician that has a good reputation and follows proper hygiene practices. Ask for recommendations from friends or read online reviews to find a reputable establishment.
- Trim the hair to a certain length: It’s easier to remove shorter hairs, so trimming the hair to about a quarter of an inch in length can make the waxing process more effective and less painful.
- Take pain medication before the waxing session: If you’re worried about pain, you can take over-the-counter pain medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen about an hour before your waxing session to help reduce discomfort.
The Manzilian waxing process
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the Manzilian waxing process:
- Clean the area: Wash the area with soap and water to remove any dirt or sweat. Dry the area thoroughly.
- Apply the wax: Heat the wax according to the instructions on the package, then apply a thin layer of wax to the skin in the direction of hair growth.
- Place the waxing strip on top of it: Press it onto the wax, smoothing it out to ensure good contact with the skin.
- Remove the waxing strip: Hold the skin taut with one hand and quickly pull the waxing strip off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the process as needed: Continue applying wax and removing it with waxing strips until all the desired hair has been removed.
Here are some tips for minimizing pain and discomfort during the waxing process:
- Take deep breaths and try to relax: Tensing up can increase pain and discomfort, so take deep breaths and try to relax as much as possible.
- Use a numbing cream: Numbing creams that contain lidocaine or benzocaine can help reduce pain and discomfort during waxing.
- Use a gentle touch: Applying and removing the wax gently can help minimize pain and discomfort.
Aftercare for Manzilian waxing
To reduce redness and irritation and maintain the smooth finish of your Manzilian wax, follow these aftercare tips:
- Avoid hot water and tight clothing: Hot water and tight clothing can irritate the skin and increase redness and discomfort. Instead, take lukewarm showers and wear loose, breathable clothing.
- Apply aloe vera or a moisturizer: Aloe vera and moisturizers can help soothe the skin and reduce redness and irritation.
- Prevent ingrown hairs: Ingrown hairs can be a common side effect of waxing. To prevent them, exfoliate the skin regularly with a gentle scrub and use a product containing salicylic acid to help unclog pores.
- Maintain the smooth finish: To keep the area smooth and hairless for as long as possible, you can repeat the waxing process every four to six weeks.
Alternatives to Manzilian waxing
If you’re not sure that Manzilian waxing is right for you, there are several other options for removing hair from the pubic region and buttocks:
- Shaving: Shaving is a quick and easy way to remove hair, but it requires frequent maintenance and can cause irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Laser hair removal: Laser hair removal is a more permanent solution, but it can be expensive and requires multiple treatments.
- Depilatory creams: Depilatory creams use chemicals to dissolve the hair, but they can be harsh on sensitive skin and may not work as well on thicker or coarser hair.
Is a Manzilian painful?
A Manzilian, or male Brazilian wax and Boyzilian, can be painful for some people. The process involves the application of hot wax to the skin, which is then removed along with the hair when it hardens. This can cause discomfort and pain, especially for those who are sensitive to pain or have a low pain tolerance.
However, the level of pain experienced during a Manzilian wax (Boyzilian) can vary from person to person and may depend on factors such as the individual’s skin sensitivity and the thickness and coarseness of their hair. Some people may find that the pain is manageable and tolerable, while others may find it to be more intense.
If you’re concerned about pain, you can ask your esthetician about using a numbing cream or taking over-the-counter pain medication before the waxing session to help reduce discomfort.
How much does a Manzilian Waxing cost?
The cost of a Manzilian waxing, or male Brazilian wax, can vary depending on a number of factors, including the location of the salon or spa, the experience and reputation of the esthetician, and the length and thickness of the hair being removed.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $100 for a Manzilian wax at a salon or spa. Some salons may offer discounts or promotions for first-time clients or for booking multiple treatments at once.
If you’re considering a Manzilian wax, it’s a good idea to shop around and compare prices at different salons or spas to find the best deal. You can also ask about any discounts or promotions that may be available.
How do I prepare for Manzilian?
There are a few things you can do to prepare for a Manzilian, or male Brazilian wax, to ensure the best possible outcome:
- Choose a reputable salon or esthetician: Look for a salon or esthetician with a good reputation and who follows proper hygiene practices. You can ask friends for recommendations or read online reviews to find a reputable establishment.
- Trim the hair to a certain length: To make the waxing process more effective and less painful, trim the hair to about a quarter of an inch in length.
- Take pain medication before the waxing session: If you are concerned about pain, consider taking over-the-counter pain medication such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen about an hour before your waxing session to help reduce discomfort.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before the waxing session: Caffeine and alcohol can increase sensitivity and discomfort, so it’s best to avoid these substances before your waxing session.
- Take a lukewarm shower: Taking a lukewarm shower before your waxing session can help soften the hair and make it easier to remove. Avoid using hot water, as this can irritate the skin and increase sensitivity.
- Exfoliate the skin: Exfoliating the skin a day or two before your waxing session can help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores, which can make it easier to remove the hair.
- Make sure the area is clean: Wash the area with soap and water to remove any dirt or sweat, and dry the area thoroughly before the waxing session.
By following these steps, you can help ensure a smooth and successful Manzilian waxing experience.
Is Manzilian Waxing permanent?
A Manzilian, or male Brazilian wax, is not a permanent hair removal solution. While the waxing process removes the hair from the root, it does not destroy the hair follicle, which means that the hair will eventually grow back. The length of time it takes for the hair to grow back can vary from person to person and may depend on factors such as the individual’s hair growth cycle and the thickness and coarseness of their hair.
To maintain a smooth, hairless appearance after a Manzilian wax, it is typically recommended to repeat the waxing process every four to six weeks. This is because the hair will typically grow back within this time frame. However, some individuals may find that they need to wax more frequently, while others may be able to go longer between treatments.
If you prefer a more permanent hair removal solution, you may want to consider options such as laser hair removal. This treatment uses lasers to destroy the hair follicles, resulting in a longer-lasting reduction in hair growth. It is important to speak with a professional to determine the best hair removal solution for your needs and preferences.
How often to get Manzilian?
The frequency of Manzilian waxing, or male Brazilian waxing, can vary depending on the individual’s preference and the rate of hair growth.
On average, you can expect the hair to grow back within four to six weeks after a Manzilian wax. To maintain a smooth, hairless appearance, it is generally recommended to repeat the waxing process every four to six weeks. However, some people may find that they need to wax more frequently, while others may be able to go longer between treatments. It’s a good idea to talk to your esthetician about the best schedule for your needs and preferences. They can provide guidance on how often you should get a Manzilian wax based on your unique hair growth patterns and other factors.
Manzilian waxing can effectively remove unwanted hair from the pubic region and buttocks, but it’s important to be aware of the potential risks and side effects. By following proper hygiene practices and taking steps to minimize pain and discomfort, you can achieve a smooth and hairless finish with minimal hassle. As with any grooming treatment, it’s important to choose the option that best fits your needs and preferences