When preparing for leave on any sort of trip that involves any sort of travel brings with it a lot of details and points that you need to keep in mind in your packing list.
Your mode of transportation will have a lot to do with what you include on your packing list as well as how you go about packing it. But you also have to consider where you are going, what you will be doing, and what you want to bring with you to ensure you look your best everywhere you go.
Below you will find tips, ideas, and helpful suggestions to make a packing list and traveling easier. Most importantly, don’t forget your travel wallet.
Make your Packing List to Always Look Good When Travelling
Travel by Plane
When picking out luggage, try to make sure you have a unique pattern or shape, so you will be able to reduce the chances of someone mistaking your bag as their own. Due to the regulation size, it is advised that you pack sample sizes of the items in your carry-on luggage. One tip for fitting more items in luggage is to roll your clothes, which is a more efficient use of the space in your suitcase. When it comes to the clothes you pack and the accessories you bring make sure you pack light and think about what you can pick up when you arrive.
Many hotels have toiletries waiting for you in the room. Also, think about what accessories you really need to bring. A nice watch, an elegant bracelet, a stylish clip and tie, and maybe a hat is all you will likely need for more casual and semi-formal events you may attend while on your trip. Don’t pack what is needed- pack smart and pack light!
Travel by Bus or Car
Pack snacks and drinks that you can enjoy while riding in the car or bus and take your trip to wherever you are going. You can also bring a small pillow or lightweight blanket if your travels by bus will be overnight. Earplugs can help to keep out annoying noises and sounds. Also, make sure you have thought about your hygiene while traveling by car or bus- deodorant and perfume is a must!
Many bus companies are also starting to have WiFi connections, so you can work on business items while traveling. Also, try to keep your important items close by so you can get them quickly and easily. Packing wrinkle-free clothing can help you to keep your attire from wrinkling and wearing layers can also help as you can stay warm if you travel during cooler weather and it will also save you space in your luggage, leaving room for other items like your shave kit, dress suit, and so forth.
Travel by Boat
When traveling by boat it is important that you know the dress code and packs accordingly. Flowing pants suits or silk dresses tend to not wrinkle as much as cotton. If you will be staying on board the boat, make sure you have access to travel sickness medication just in case. While many boats do come equipped with toiletries, it would be suggested to pack your own preferred brands. Also, if you are spending the night, bring an alarm clock, as some boats do not make them standard for their passengers.
You will also need to think about the length of your stay on the boat. A three-day cruise is not too bad but if you are spending weeks on end aboard a boat you might want to think about things beyond your clothing selection. Consider a fresh hairstyle that is easy to maintain as spending half an hour slicking and gelling your hair may be hard and the wind out on the sea can wreak havoc on a fancy hairstyle.
From car to plane and everything between, your packing needs to fit your business needs and the mode of transportation you or your company has chosen. Making sure your packing list fits your needs, as well as the parameters allowed by your travel agency, is a big deal. Seasonal travel does not have to be an inconvenience and your packing list can be easily packed away with a little preparation. So as you prepare for your next getaway keep these transportation packing tips in mind! Aside from packing your clothes, don’t forget to bring along your belts to match your formal or casual wear.
Here’s a fast checklist of the main essentials to pack before you leave your house:
- Phone charger / portable phone charger
- Cash Money
- Pocket tool
- Flip flops (for the hostel bathrooms)
- Water bottle
- Sun cream
- Any paperwork you may need
Here are some essential items to consider adding to your packing list to ensure that you always look good when traveling:
- A suit or blazer: Even if you’re not traveling for business, it’s always a good idea to bring at least one suit or blazer with you. You never know when you might need to dress up for a fancy dinner or special event, and having a suit on hand can help you look polished and put-together. If you don’t want to bring a full suit, consider packing a blazer or sport coat that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Dress shoes: Along with a suit or blazer, you’ll also need a pair of dress shoes to complete the look. Opt for a classic, versatile pair that can be dressed up or down, such as oxfords or loafers. Make sure to pack shoe trees or shoe bags to help keep your shoes in good shape during travel.
- Jeans: Jeans are a staple in any man’s wardrobe, and they’re especially useful when traveling because they’re versatile and easy to pack. Choose a pair that fits well and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- T-shirts: T-shirts are a must-have for any trip, and it’s a good idea to pack a few different styles and colors. Opt for classic, high-quality tees that will hold up well during travel and can be dressed up or down as needed.
- Button-up shirts: Button-up shirts are another essential item to pack when traveling. Choose a few classic styles that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion, and make sure to pack a variety of colors and patterns to mix and match with your other clothes.
- A sweater or cardigan: It’s always a good idea to pack a sweater or cardigan for colder weather or air-conditioned environments. Choose a versatile style that can be dressed up or down, such as a classic crew neck sweater or a cardigan.
- Accessories: Don’t forget to pack a few key accessories to complete your looks. Consider adding a belt, a watch, and a few ties or bow ties to your packing list.
- Grooming products: To ensure that you always look your best while traveling, it’s important to pack a few key grooming products. This might include a razor, shaving cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a hairbrush or comb.
- A dopp kit: To keep your grooming products organized and easily accessible, consider packing a dopp kit or toiletry bag. Opt for a sturdy, water-resistant bag that will hold up well during travel.
- A luggage set: Finally, it’s important to invest in a good luggage set that will meet your needs and keep your clothes and belongings organized and protected during travel. Look for a set that includes a carry-on suitcase, a checked suitcase, and a smaller bag or backpack for day trips or excursions.
By including these essential items on your packing list, you’ll be well-equipped to always look your best while traveling. Remember to pack light and choose versatile, classic pieces that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
With a little planning and preparation with your packing list, you can travel in style and confidence.
I hope that you find helpful our “Real Men Packing List to Always Look Good When Travelling” article.
Being born in Italy, Erik Lucatero, got an immediate knack for fashion and style from a young age. When his parents moved from Milan to New York, he attended and graduated from one of the top schools in the world: The Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan, New York City. Now he joined our team to help you pass the fashion police exam.