No doubt, mens hair colors is not such a hot topic for guys as compared to how women treat it as a vital issue. On the other hand, if you have been planning on altering or updating your look, then why not go for new hair color? Let’s face it, it is not only women who deserve some pampering, but men should also set aside some time to take care of himself.
If you feel that new hair color will make you look and feel good, and not just because you are concealing a few gray strands, then don’t let anyone stop you.
Best Hair Colors for Men
For those men who are still rookies to hair color, dye, or tint, here is our list of 9 best hair color for men to get you up to speed to the current trend.
1. Touch of Gray Hair Treatment
Gray hair on men is not such a bad thing at all. Instead of hiding it, why not transform it into a salt and pepper tone? Comb-in the mixture and see the results in five minutes!
2. Clairol Ammonia Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color Kit For Men
Do you know that dark hair color for men is the most notable feature that attracts the opposite sex? Why not give it a shot with Clairol Ammonia Free Semi-Permanent Hair Color. This product gradually fades after 28 shampoos minus the unpleasant root lines.
3. Just For Men Original Formula Hair Color
Searching for a quick to apply hair color for men? The Just For Men Original Formula is a dye that works for approximately five minutes. You can simply lather-in the mixture and afterward see the brand new you!
4. AutoStop Men’s Comb-In Hair Color
There are a lot of terrifying tales of dye being left on the hair for too long. In turn, the result is either damaged hair or the color outcome is not the one targeted. With AutoStop Men’s Comb-In Hair Color, the mixture automatically shuts off once the target color is achieved. Now, men don’t need to worry about having overly dark or light hair.
Bigen Ez Color For Men Jet Black Kit
A lot of men ordinarily complain about color stains when getting a dye. Surprisingly, the Bigen Ez Color For Men Jet Black Kit solves this with its no-stain on the skin formula. You can use this product both on your mane and beard. It contains aloe extract and olive oil which is beneficial to your hair.
6. HailiCare Natural White Matte Hairstyle for Men
Meanwhile, if you want a bold temporary hair color without the stickiness you must try a hair coloring wax. A good example is the HailiCare Natural White Matte Hairstyle for Men. This product allows you to style your hair while instantly coloring it.
Mofajang Blue Temporary Hair Coloring Wax
If you are not a fan of white, you can otherwise turn to the popular color blue. With
8. Roots All Natural Grey Hair Touch Up
Are you an individual who is always on the go? With this Roots All Natural Grey Hair Touch Up, you will never have to worry of covering up your gray hair wherever you go. It includes a travel stick which is terrific for those always on the move.
9. Split Dye Hair Color Kit
Do you want to try a split dye? You can readily achieve this with the Split Dye Hair Color Kit. What’s good with this product is that it is vegan and only semi-permanent.
The Latest Men’s Hair Color Trends
Hair coloring is not just a process that women undergo anymore. Nowadays, men are likewise having fun with color. To show you what we are talking about, check out these brave men who are rocking the vibrant hair color.
1. Ash Blue
This cerulean hue is not so bad looking isn’t?
2. Awesome Pink
Once again, real men wear pink!
3. Purple Hair Color
This purple shade has a nice pop to it.
4. Ash Pink
Notably, this ash pink shade is almost silver which makes you wise-looking.
5. Green Hair Color
Green is not only good for the environment, but it is likewise beneficial to your personal style.
6. Colorful Hair for Men
Can’t decide on one shade? Why not go for a colorful mane like this one.
7. Bleached Hair
A lot of young men right now are sporting white hair. With this kind of hue, your appearance definitely emerges out of the crowd.
8. Ash Gray Hair Color
Similar to white hair, this ash-gray hair will surely get you noticed!
9. Blue Purple Ombre
Having a hard time choosing from your favorite colors? Ask your colorist to combine your fave shades like this blue-purple ombre.
Men’s Hair Color Shampoo
Aside from the
1. Just for Men Control GX
Those needing to cover up their gray hair but do not want to handle chemicals can rely on this Just for Men Control GX Gray Reducing Shampoo.
2. Deity Shampoo Color Change Kit
On one hand, the Deity Color Change Shampoo not only transforms your hair color but also improves blood circulation on your scalp and regulates oil secretion.
3. Instant Hair Dye – Black Hair Shampoo
If you have normally light-colored hair, and you want to try a dark shade like black, then here’s a dependable Instant Black Hair Shampoo.
Men’s Hair Coloring FAQs
Again, we repeat there is nothing deplorable with men coloring their hair. If you think this action is good for you, then, by all means, do not run away from it. Nevertheless, if you are still apprehensive with the move, read and learn more about the frequently asked questions on men’s hair coloring.
What is the most attractive hair color on a man?
Based on an online survey, the most attractive color on a man is dark hair to be exact brown or black. While this data is based on a survey, remember not everyone has the same preferences. If you believe you’ll be rocking vibrant hair shades, go for it!
What hair color is best for men?
In reality, there is no rule that says men can’t utilize the same hair color or product that their wife, sister, or girlfriend apply on their locks. Though, of course, if you are sporting a fade haircut, faux hawk, or a classic pompadour you will clearly require a minimal
Does hair dye damage hair?
To clarify, bear in mind that when your locks undergo any process that involves chemical it will result in the decrease of its elasticity. Thus, coloring can lead to hair damage, however, this doesn’t mean you should turn away from your plans but rather you must be knowledgeable about the necessary upkeep you must follow to nurture your brand new dyed hair.
For one, it is wise to use pre-shampoo treatments 3 days before and after coloring your hair. Doing this will fight hair brittleness, splitting, and dryness. Another essential step to take is to condition your locks soon after shampooing to lessen tangles, close in moisture, and flatten your cuticles. Applying a smoothing product such as a hair wax can also aid in restricting moisture evaporation plus it will provide your mane a healthier look.
What you should know before you dye your hair?
When you have finally decided that you are going for a hair dye, here are a few things you should know before coloring your hair. First things first, distinguish your locks natural color to help you identify which shade is compatible with you. You can likewise discuss your color options with your hairstylist who is more accustomed to choosing suitable hues.
Now, if you are targeting a truly dramatic color change, why not try on a hairpiece or wig that is close to the color you are eyeing? This is a rapid and painless way to know if the shade you desire is compatible with you. In case you plan to dye your hair at home, assess your mane’s texture and length and purchase a few packages of the color. It can never hurt to have an extra container rather than realize mid-way that you lack the product.
Keep in mind chlorine can strip down your hair cuticle and in the process affect and change your color. After applying hair dye, make sure to stay away at the least two weeks from swimming in pools. Meanwhile, know that particular shampoos such as dandruff fighting or clarifying ones contain harsh substances that can similarly alter your color. To maintain your new hair dye, go for shampoos that are color-preserving which is milder to your locks.
How do I choose a hair color?
It helps to consult your professional hairstylist or colorist in choosing the right shade for you. Although you can personally choose the color you want, it doesn’t hurt to discuss it with a professional who can assist in attaining your ideal blend. Having said that, here are a couple of factors to look at in choosing your new hair color:
- Skin Tone – This is one of the vital aspects to consider when selecting your ideal color. Take note that the perfect shade for you will complement your complexion. On the other hand, choosing the wrong hue will make your skin appear dreary and lackluster.
- Eye Color – Selecting a contrasting shade from your eye color can deepen and sharpen it. To further illustrate, if you have green eyes, choosing a vibrant or soft red hue can make your green eyes appear greener.
- Individual Style – Aside from your skin tone and eye color, your individual style plays a huge factor also in selecting the right shade. The proper color will determine whether you stand out from the crowd or blend in. For this reason, choose your color wisely and ensure the one you pick will bring in a more positive and confident you.
How long does hair color last?
This will depend on the type of hair dye you used. In particular, a
In the meantime, permanent hair color which involves stronger chemicals lasts until your locks grow. You will notice your roots begin to appear at roughly four to six weeks.
Is it safe to color the hair?
As previously mentioned, there are risks in coloring your hair. In any event, if you are not comfortable dyeing your hair on your own head to the salon and let a professional help in coloring your hair. Nonetheless, if you are confident with your hair coloring skills, take note of the following tips:
- Do not forget to wear gloves when combining and applying the substance. Keep in mind that chemicals are toxic, so to be safe lessen your exposure.
- Unless you consult a professional, do not attempt to combine numerous hair products. This can result in negative and damaging reactions.
- Follow the recommendation written on the box which advice how long should the substance remain on your mane.
- Always rinse your scalp completely with water after coloring.
Mens Hair Coloring Tips
By now you have learned so much about hair color for men, regardless,
- To be certain with your color of choice, you can test out a tinting rinse. If it happens the color rinse doesn’t turn out good, the shade will subsequently rinse off after eight shampoos.
- Do you notice early signs of thinning hair? If yes, select a lighter shade than your natural color. With your lighter hue, it will blend well with your scalp color, as a result, it will reduce any indication of your hair thinning.
- Moreover, as mentioned earlier, your hair color will require touch-ups. For those busy individuals, you can turn to root cover-up products. It can provide you a temporary touch-up and no one will notice you already require a new color session
. Areyou beginning to see signs of grey hair? If yes, you’ll normally appear like yourself by coloring and reverting to your natural mane hue.
- Then again, there are those daring folks who bravely dive in for a complete color change. If you can see yourself doing this, then don’t let anyone stop you. To even see the tremendous impact of your transition, get a brand new haircut too!
All in all, the process of hair coloring is not such a painstaking act like it used to before. With products such as color shampoos, root touch-ups, and temporary hair color for men, pampering and taking care of themselves now should not be a laborious task.
While men typically choose safe colors or go for their natural hue, there is nothing wrong in trying out bold and vibrant shades as long as it will result in a new positive and confident you!
Started with cutting his brother’s hair when he was 7 years old, Joseph always wanted to become a famous hairstylist. After graduating college that’s exactly what he did, traveling the world while working in salons in the most diverse cities, learning from the best hairdressers of our time. Now he shares his knowledge with us by inspiring articles, photographs, and hairstyle advice.