Have you ever faced the mirror before and asked yourself why some men shave and others seemingly don’t care if they shave or not? Well, let us try to understand all the men around the world with this mens shaving hair and beard infographic.
If you are having a dilemma of whether you would shave or not, let the statistics on this men’s infographic help you decide. If you want to do what most men are doing and simply follow the norm, then, you should definitely choose to shave every day because seventy-five percent of men prefer to shave every day.
While a majority of men try to look neat as much as possible, some men still choose to not shave because of religious convictions. On the other hand, there is at least three percent of men who do not shave because they do not care about what society thinks about them. Whichever path you chose to go to, you should be the man of your own actions! See here what those hairstyles, shaving and beard statistics entail.
Statistics on Men’s Beards, Shaving and the Barber Industry
Statistics on Men’s Beard Care and Shaving
A good count, 94 million of men from the US alone, prefer to remove body hair! These men are from different generations aging from 15 years old and older! Their choices can be because of hygienic preferences, work requirements, partner preferences, or personal choices. Some men are too meticulous when it comes to hygiene which is a good thing if in moderation. Other men work in fields where having a clean and dignified look is a must.
They simply need to portray a good image because impressions are everything in their line of work. There are also men who want to make their partners happy by following their preferences. What can we say, love can really do so much in changing a person.
Now, if you have already made up your mind and you choose to shave every day, which type of shaving techniques should you follow in shaving? To give you an idea, eighty-five percent of men who shave prefer to wet shave! Wet shaving is a type of shaving while the face is wet. Any kind of razor can be used. Traditionally, your grandpa may have shaved with a straight razor
When it comes to the tool used in shaving, obviously razors shine like the top choice! In fact, 1.3 billion of men worldwide prefer to use a razor for shaving. While safety razors have regained popularity on men, you can definitely use whichever you like. You can use straight razors, electric razors, or any other type of razor in wet shaving.
Barber Shop Industry Statistics
Learning how to shave with electric razors and safety razors can be a walk in the park. However, if you want to use or experience shaving your face with a straight razor, you can learn it with practice. If you simply do not have time to shave, one of the best options to do is to go to the nearest barbershop or salon. With the colossal number of men who love to shave, comes a huge amount of people who need professional help in shaving.
This is why, in the US alone, there are 41,340 barbershops and 210,000 beauty salons that provide a living to 440,000 barbers. Imagine how shaving provides bread and butter to the homes of the employees of this industry.
Get all of that hair shaved and be a better-looking person! You can also opt to shave your head if you are already suffering from hair loss. At the age of 35, men start to lose hair and it continues until you get 85 or older. While you can try to use hair growing shampoos, you can simply start rocking that badass no hair look so let’s get shaving!
Now with these new statistics on the barber industry, hair loss and shaving revealed, how do you fit in? Let us know your stats and experiences with this!
More Statistic Informations:
- According to a survey conducted by YouGov in 2020, 44% of men in the United States have a beard.
- In the same survey, 37% of men reported shaving their beard or mustache at least once per week, while 18% shaved every day.
- The global men’s grooming products market is expected to reach a value of $33.2 billion by 2024, according to a report by Mordor Intelligence.
- The barber industry in the United States is estimated to be worth $26 billion, according to IBISWorld.
- In 2019, there were approximately 32,000 barber shops in the United States, employing around 100,000 people.
- The most popular beard styles among men in the United States are the full beard, followed by the goatee and the stubble beard, according to a survey conducted by Gillette in 2017.
- The global electric shaver market is expected to reach a value of $7.3 billion by 2024, according to a report by Zion Market Research.
- In the United States, the average man spends about 3 months of his life shaving, according to the Razor company Schick.
- In a survey conducted by YouGov in 2020, 49% of men in the United States reported using a manual razor to shave, while 39% used an electric razor.
Started with cutting his brother’s hair when he was 7 years old, Joseph always wanted to become a famous hairstylist. After graduating college that’s exactly what he did, traveling the world while working in salons in the most diverse cities, learning from the best hairdressers of our time. Now he shares his knowledge with us by inspiring articles, photographs, and hairstyle advice.
Leave a Reply