Planning to get a tattoo but scared of the pain? In that case, tattoo numbing cream is your go-to option to get the tattoo of your dreams without worrying about any pain. Keep reading to find out about the best tattoo numbing creams and how they work!
About Tattoo Numbing Cream
Does Tattoo Numbing Creams Really Work?
Yes, they do, but unfortunately, they aren’t a miracle lotion that will make your tattooing pain-free. They will, however, make the discomfort manageable, and in some circumstances, much more so.
How Tattoo Numbing Creams Really Works?
All numbing creams have an ingredient called lidocaine that numbs the area when applied. Lidocaine is a member of the “Caine” family of medicines that originated from a plant. When applied to the skin, lidocaine causes numbness by blocking your nerves from transmitting pain signals to your brain. Thus, it results by completely or partially blocking the pain sensation.
When to Consider Using the Tattoo Numbing Creams?
Numbing creams for tattoos are indicated when you have a tattoo in a very delicate place or if you’re getting a huge tattoo. If you’re nervous, they’re also a good idea. If the dread of pain is the only thing keeping you from getting your ideal ink, then a tattoo numbing agent should be used. Then sit back, breathe, and take pleasure while getting your dream tattoo. You generally won’t require tattoo numbing spray if you have a minor tattoo in a non-sensitive location. I’m confident you’ll be able to take that little pain. However, if you still think that you don’t want to take that little pain, you may use the numbing cream.
How to Apply Tattoo Numbing Cream?
One must correctly apply the numbing cream so that it works. Remember, if you don’t follow the right directions, you might end up not numbing it properly, which will result in a lot of pain from the tattoo. Follow the steps below for the right application:
- To assist the cream infiltrate, cleanse and clean the region to be inked. For that, thoroughly use soap, water, and an exfoliant to remove debris and dead skin. Fully dry the spot.
- Apply a generous layer of numbing lotion to the affected region and massage it in carefully.
- Cling film should be used to cover the area. The heat from the clingfilm activates the cream while also preventing it from flaking out.
- Before the tattooing begins, leave the lotion and cover in situ for 90 minutes
- After that, remove the plastic wrap and wash the lotion off with a clean towel, and you’re ready for the pain-free tattoo of your dreams!
Are Tattoo Numbing Creams Safe?
Numbing creams that are FDA-approved are safe to use if one follows the right directions for usage. However, if one abuses such creams, they can become life-threatening! They can even cause serious issues like seizures and cardiac arrest. Overall, numbing creams are most effective in most people. People should keep in mind that they might feel intense pain once the numbing cream starts losing its effect on the area. People should also remember that some people might have a severe adverse reaction to such creams. In order to avoid that, be careful and apply the cream to a small area of your skin first. If no reaction occurs, then the cream is safe for you!
Best Numbing Creams to Buy from Amazon
Following are some of the top ten tattoo numbing cream s available on Amazon:
Ebanel 5% Lidocaine Topical Numbing Cream
This cream is on the list of top-rated numbing creams on Amazon and has the best user reviews as well. Characteristics:
- Long-lasting action – This lidocaine gel-cream numbs in just a few minutes, and its effect lasts for about an hour. Liposomal Technology has been added to this mix.
- Provides hydration and soothing effect – This local anesthetic numbing lotion is combined with Aloe Vera and Vit E to comfort and hydrate the skin from annoyances. This product can also treat small wounds, scratches, minor burns, bug bites, and anorectal problems.
Zensa Numbing Cream
This has 5% lidocaine and is excellent for procedures like tattooing. Characteristics:
- Longer shelf life – It has about three years of shelf life
- Certified product – The federal government’s accreditation guarantees its efficacy thanks to extensive research and development efforts.
Ink scribed Tattoo Numbing Cream
It has high ratings and is also price efficient. Characteristics:
- Healing properties – This cream is great for numbing and helping the skin heal from tattoo trauma. Thanks to the added ingredients, Emu Oil and Arnica.
- Guarantee: If this tattoo numbing cream fails to deliver the effects you anticipate, you have a full 365 days to return it for a refund. Hence you can shop with full certainty.
Base Numb Cream
It is among the top purchased product on amazon. Characteristics:
- Extra strength – This tattoo numbing cream, unlike others, provides up to 4 hours of numbness. So, it will help get you pain relief after getting your tattoo as well.
- Natural ingredients – Many natural components, such as hemp seed oil, chamomile, aloe vera, and tea tree oil, are included in this Topical Numbing Cream to enhance the advantages of Lidocaine while also caring for your skin.
Numb Skin Cream
It has a 4-star rating on Amazon and comes in a 1.05-ounce tube. Characteristics:
- Contains no harsh ingredients – This product is made withcruelty-free products.
- Fast numbing action – This cream quickly numbs the area and keeps it pain-free for up to four hours
Uber Tattoo Numbing Cream
It has over 17.5K buyers and is very popular for its effectiveness. It also provides a full refund if you don’t find the cream working the way you hoped. Characteristics:
- No oily residues – Forget about those oily lotions and sticky gels that may stain your clothes and linens. This water-based anesthetic is not sticky or smudgy, and it leaves no oily behind.
- Reduces Inflammation – Because it contains Vitamin E, your UberNumb topical anesthetic will help relieve uncomfortable puffiness.
Numb Master Numbing Cream
It is another great medicated numbing cream that many doctors recommend. It also has great ratings and reviews. Characteristics:
- Non-greasy properties – It is a water-based anesthetic for simple application and cleanup.
- Developed and Bottled in the United States – This product is cGMP Certified with Child-Resistant Cap, Tamper-Evident Seal, and Steady two years shelf life.
Dr. Numb Cream
It is a medicated cream typically used for medical purposes but can also be used for skin numbing before tattoos. Characteristics:
- Effective, Real-Time Relief: Specially created for optimum efficacy, our 100 percent hypoallergenic, quickly absorbing numbing cream begins working in as little as fifteen minutes and lasts between 2 to 4 hours.
- Professionals recommend: For more than a decade, due to the cream’s quick, lengthy effects, it has been the preferred choice of health care providers and aestheticians throughout the United States.
Lidocaine Plus Numbing Cream
This cream is price efficient and works great as any expensive numbing cream. Characteristics:
- Ingredients – It has many natural ingredients, including aloe vera. It’s basically for medicinal purposes, but with 4% lidocaine, it’s going to help numb your skin from tattoos.
- Fewer allergy reactions – This product is hypoallergenic, meaning that only a few people can get allergy reactions from this cream.
Tattoo numbing creams are a godsend since they allow you to get your tattoo fantasies without inflicting pain or suffering. Furthermore, these moderate formulae assist in lessening the likelihood of any infection post-tattoo as well. It is unnecessary to be concerned if you do not have a great threshold for pain. Unfortunately, this is a regular occurrence, which is why numbing creams are used. They act as topical anesthetics, allowing you to draw the most intricate patterns that bring out the creativity in you. So, read through the detailed list of top numbing creams mentioned above and buy the one that best suits you TODAY!
Badly needing a shave, believe it or not but Christian is a magician with scissors and razors. As sharp as he sharpens his blades and shaves his jawlines is unprecedented. He had his own barbershop for 12 years after deciding to take a break, travel and after meeting Nick, joining this team as the last missing link to help guys with their total make-over. Grooms up!